Curious about the Oura Ring and how it can help you achieve better sleep and recovery? Wondering how you can use recovery information for better performance, and how you can use it to optimize your health?
In this podcast episode, Dave Korsunksy sits down with Chuck Hazzard, VP of Sales at Oura, to ‘nerd-out’ over various quantifying metrics, and talk about all things Oura. Chuck, also an endurance runner and technologist, is a total badass in the world of biohacking and data collection. Check out the YouTube video (forthcoming) where Dave and Chuck do some screen-sharing to really deep dive into the data.
You can find Chuck here and on Facebook. He blogs at The Human Optimization Project, where he recently wrote about discovering a correlation between his insulin load (using Heads Up’s Analyzer feature) with his resting heart rate, as measured by his Oura ring.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Chuck became involved with Oura
- The capabilities of the Oura ring and how it translates to better sleep
- Best practices for extending battery life
- The differences between Gen 1 and Gen 2 rings
- Differences between Oura and Whoop
- Why wrist-based trackers only give an estimation of heart rate
- Advice on sizing and tips for optimal data collection at night
- Why recovery is important and how you can tell if your nervous system has recovered
- How HRV and Resting Heart Rate is figured into the readiness score
- How temperature sensors on the ring can detect impending sickness or overtraining
- How women can track their menstrual cycles the Oura ring
- The possibilities of quantifying a meditation session with the Gen 2 ring
- How Chuck did his own N=1 experiment with a bottle of Dry Farm wine, using Heads Up’s Carb Tolerance Test to see the impact of the keto-friendly wine on his blood sugar levels
- How Chuck uses Heads Up Health when tracking and trending core metrics
- What top two health metrics are important for both Chuck and Dave
- A peek into Chuck’s Oura cloud screen share
- A screen share of Chuck’s Heads Up dashboard
- Some biohacks and best practices for optimizing sleep scores and getting better sleep
- And much, much more!
- Oura HR & HRV nocturnal accuracy document
- The Sleep of the Ring: Comparison of the ŌURA Sleep Tracker Against Polysomnography
- Michael Bruce’s book: The Power of When
- Robb Wolf
- Dry Farm Wines
- Fit Wine
- Libra by Abbott
- Primal Hacker
- Kevin Rose meditation app: Oak
- Swanwick Sleep
- CBD oil Elixinol
- EarthPulse PEMF
- Philips Hue
- Essilor glasses
- TrueDark glasses
- Essentia mattress
- Ketogains calculator
- HDE Laser glasses
You can learn more about the Oura ring, a state of the art ring that can track sleep cycle analysis, activity, and recovery at HeadsUpHealth.com/Oura.
Learn more about Keto-Mojo, a highly accurate and affordable device for testing blood sugar and blood ketones. Check it out at HeadsUpHealth.com/Ketomojo.
Learn more about LEVL, a clinical-grade breath ketone analyzer, which measures your level of fat-burning and ketosis through a simple breath. Find out more at HeadsUpHealth.com/LEVL.
All of these amazing products are integrated with Heads Up Health.
They all allow you to quantify your health in novel and powerful ways.
Thank you to our partners!